The use of social networks is fundamental to any strategy: you can create your Lead Generation campaign on Instagram from scratch. It is a digital platform with higher reach and visibility that can be effective when looking for new perspectives.
This social network is not only for promoting your product or service, it is a great channel for finding potential customers. And the reason is that many users already use it as a way to find a company or brand that provides something that interests them.
So, launching an Instagram Lead Generation Campaign is a great strategy, especially if you start your own business. The idea is that you can advertise your brand and find interested customers at the same time.
Steps to create your Instagram Lead Generation Campaign
To start building your Lead Generation campaign on Instagram, it’s important to consider a few steps to follow. These will help you build your strategy from scratch and serve as a guide to get you started:
- Configure your profile
If you want to post ads, you will need a Facebook page and a professional account on Instagram. It transforms your personal profile into a business profile, all you need is:
Go to your profile option and select "Go to company profile".
You will then see the "Connect your Facebook page" screen, where you will see all the pages for which you are the administrator.
Select the one you want to associate with your Instagram business profile.
In the "Set up your company profile" option, your company's contact information should be reviewed.
With these simple steps, you will have a professional Instagram account and the possibility to access your statistics. Also, it will help you promote the app directly from the publication.
- Create a business manager account
The next step in starting your Instagram Lead Generation campaign is to create a Business Manager account. In this case, you need to follow these general instructions:
● Enter the official page: business.facebook.com.
● Click on "Create Account".
● Choose what your home page will look like and enter your name and business email address.
● Once the Business Manager configuration is complete, you can add it to your Instagram account.
- Associate your professional Instagram account
Have you already created your account in Business Manager? So all you have to do is connect your professional Instagram account like this:
● Enter Business Manager.
● Select the "Instagram Account" option.
● Then click on "Request Instagram Account".
● Finally, add a username and password.
- Create an Instagram ad
Once you've already created and connected your account, the next step is to create an ad on Instagram. To do this you need to follow these simple steps:
● Go to Create Ads and select the "Create New Ad" option.
● Choose an Instagram-approved goal: brand awareness, reach, traffic, app downloads, video views, conversions, and lead generation. The next option is one that will help you attract leads.
● Then select the audience for your ad-age, interest, and more.
● In the position, you select Instagram and delete Facebook.
● You need to change the location to select Instagram in Facebook Business Manager.
● Choose a daily budget or a promotional budget
● Finally, in the format, you can choose the multimedia format you want to use for advertising. Remember it will depend on the goal you choose.
- Choose the ad format
Do you want to succeed in your Instagram Lead Generation campaign? So you should focus on one of the most important aspects, it is nothing more and less than the format of the ad. Thus, the following tips will help a lot in this process:
- Tips for image design
The first thing you need to consider is that the image size is 1080 × 1080 pixels. While in the caption, for text, 125 characters are recommended.
Now you know how to design images in Instagram ads. The following are the technical requirements that you need to have:
● Image ratio: horizontal format (1.91: 1), square format (1: 1), vertical format (4: 5).
● Minimum resolution: 600 x 315 pixels (1.91: 1 landscape format) / 600 x 600 pixels (1: 1 square format) / 600 x 750 pixels (4: 5 portrait format).
● Caption: text only, with a maximum of 2,200 characters.
● Limited compatibility: landscape format.
● Maximum resolution: 1936 × 1936 pixels.
● File type: must be .jpg or .png.
● Maximum size: 30 MB.
● Percentage of text: The image cannot contain more than 20% of the text.
- Tips for video design
Just as there are recommendations for designing pictures, there are also recommendations for video formats. One of them is H.264 video compression, which should be particularly high-profile. Also, square pixels, fixed frame rate, and progressive scan.
Regarding the technical requirements of the Lead Generation campaign on Instagram in video format, you need to consider the following:
● Video aspect ratio: horizontal format (1.91: 1), square format (1: 1), vertical format (4: 5).
● Caption: text only, recommended is 125 characters, but it has a maximum of 2200 characters.
● Audio understanding: AAC stereo, preferably greater than 128 kbps.
● Minimum duration: There is no minimum duration.
● Maximum duration: 60 seconds.
● Minimum resolution: in landscape format (1.91: 1) 600 x 315 pixels; in square format (1: 1) 600 x 600 pixels; and in the vertical format (4: 5) 600 x 750.
● File type: .mp4 with initial MOOV atom preferably.
- Carousel layout
When you go to create your lead generation campaign on Instagram, you will also find a carousel format. This allows you to add more pictures so that you can show more details of the products you have to offer. In this case, you need to take care of these aspects:
● The file type: includes .jpeg or .png. with a maximum of 30 MB per image.
● Legend text: as above, only 125 characters and a maximum of 2,200 are recommended.
● Image size : 1080 x 1080 pixels recommended.
● Minimum resolution: 600 x 600 pixels and the maximum is 1080 x 1080 pixels.
● The number of cards: you can use a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10.
- Ads in the stories
And finally, your story has an ad format, with a lot of potential due to its high probability and daily viewing. Keep in mind that you can take advantage of this full-screen experience to showcase your products with pictures (5 seconds by default) or video (15 seconds).
In this type of ad format, you need to take care of the following details:
● Vertical format: it is full screen 9:16.
● File types: when it comes to video it must be .mp4 or .mov, and in the case of images .jpg or .png. Maximum size of 4 GB for videos and 30 MB for images, while the recommended resolution is 1080 x 1920 with a minimum of 600 x 1067.
6. Create the advertising module
Once you've selected the ad format you want to use in your Instagram Lead Generation campaign, the next step is to create the ad form. Remember that this is the most important element in any lead generation strategy.
You have to look for the “Ad Form” option, there you will click on “New Form”. So you need to configure the welcome screen, although it is not mandatory, it is a relevant issue to better explain your ad. But if you consider that it is already fully understood, you can omit it.
Next, select the questions you want to send to users. For this, it is important to think in advance about what data you want to know. When you're sure about the question, go to the "Add Relevant Questions" section.
The last step in the whole process is filling the Thanksgiving page. You'll need to enter the link to your brand's website, so it will automatically link to the final button on the form.
But not only that, don't close the window by pressing the "Finish" button first. And by clicking on the "Request" option, you will send your ad to Facebook for approval.
If you follow all these steps you will successfully create your Instagram Lead Generation Campaign. Now if what you are looking for is more helpful, in Famenet we can help you with a performance marketing strategy that attracts users and builds potential customers through a variety of digital channels.